Superstar Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal Again is performing exceptionally well and making all the right noise at the worldwide box-office. In it’s third week, the film has shown phenomenal growth and now just inches away from the elite 200 cr club. It has been facing huge competition from the new big ticket releases, Thor : Ragnarok and Ittefaq but the numbers shows how it has been affected in a minimal way. Golmaal Again collected 4.85 Cr yesterday (Nov 5) which has taken it’s total India Nett collection to 193.51 crore. Now the film needs just 6 crore more to cross the 200 cr mark. Golmaal Again Overseas collections currently stands at 43.73 Cr ($6.76 Million) while the India gross is 247.69 Cr. It has grossed over 291.42 crore worldwide till yesterday.
The figures clearly show, that Rohit Shetty and his Golmaal gang, once again has weaved magic at the box office. Golmaal Again was released on Oct 20th, a day after Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar and faced huge competition. But the highly positive reviews and superb word of mouth helped the film to achieve this feat. The film will now cross the 200 cr mark within 3 days whereas Aamir Khan’s Secret Superstar box-office run has almost come to an end with around 55 crores Nett collection from India.
Here Are The Box-Office Records Created By Golmaal Again:-
1. Biggest Opener Of 2017 – Golmaal Again became the biggest opener of 2017 in Bollywood by collecting more than 30 crs at the box-office. It left Tubelight (21 Cr) and Raees (20 Cr) far behind.
2. Fastest 100 Cr Movie of 2017 – Golmaal Again collected 100 Cr in just 4 days making it the fastest Bollywood movie in 2017 to do so. It left Salman Khan’s Tubelight and Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees which achieved this feat in 6 days.
3. First 150 Cr Movie of 2017 – Golmaal Again is the first Bollywood movie of 2017 which collected more than 150 crs at the domestic box-office. Now the film is all set to enter in the 200 cr club.
4. Highest Grossing Horror-Comedy – Golmaal Again is now the highest grossing horror-comedy movie in the history of Indian cinema.
5. Ajay Devgn’s Highest Grossing Movie – The movie has also become the highest grossing movie of Ajay Devgn’s career surpassing Singham Returns. Singham Returns collected 140 cr at the domestic box-office.
6. First Blockbuster Of 2017 – Golmaal Again is the first blockbuster movie of 2017 in Bollywood. This year Bollywood faced many debacles including Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan’s movies but Golmaal Again has rejoiced the trade and exhibitors.
Golmaal Again also features Parineeti Chopra, Arshad Warsi, Tabu, Shreyas Talpade, Kunaal Khemu, Tushaar Kapoor, Neil Nithin Mukesh, Prakash Raj, Johnny Lever, Sanjai Mishra and Mukesh Tiwari in other crucial roles. The film was produced by Rohit Shetty Productions in association with Mangalmurti Films.